Sunday 6 October 2019

Sunday in rishikesh


As I walk on the bank of the ganges
Where the sand sparkles like a million candles
I'm in awe of the beauty of nature
This peace I feel, there's nothing greater
The powerful sounds of the waterfall
Bring energy to my soul
Butterflies flutter by in every color under the sky
and some bugs I can't indentify but look like faeries in the magic of my eye
Amongst these flowers and water I know I'm nature's daughter
Put here to protect and love
Treat below as above
Worship outside as within
So I sit to write and sing
Mediate on this great world I live in

And then a baba comes my way
Sits in the bushes next to me to say
How anger and happiness come from inside
And other words that sound quite wise
I sit and nod and take it in
Listening, appreciating
Until he tries to sell me something
Up the mountain for a spiritual trip
Something just doesn't sit
Right with this dude in orange with a smart phone
I feel better appreciating nature alone
So namaste I say and continue on my way ...

At the world peace yoga center
I'm called by a poster
It's happening today
So I decide to go and play
in meditation dance
I prance
And sing
Let it all in
And out
Shake it all about
A release of emotion
An explosion
Laughing so much I'm crying
Feeling so much I'm shaking
It's exhausting
But rewarding
Letting not just the joy in
But also sadness and anger
Feeling my power
To feel
And to heal
To notice what's real

Walking back my heads in the clouds
Daydreaming down the road I get hit by a cow
Horn straight into my stomach
It doesn't hurt too much
But wakes me up
What a day it's been
waking and meditating
Appreciating this world we live in
Dancing, singing
Trying to grow with it and within

No comments:

Post a Comment